Week 5

Sorry for the late update but I've been swamped. Literally swamped with data! Never have i worked on a data set that is 30GB in size, so do accept my apology. Nonetheless, here's what happened in Week 5!

So, getting to the end of my work at IIST - i'd worked on the colors of quasars and reproducing the results of a 2001 paper on the same! And the last week at IIST was just to wrap things up and finish the reports! But as you can see from my previous post here, i'd stumbled upon a peculiar (in my opinion) set of quasars! So, i was very interested in understanding them.

Here is my report on the colors of quasars. I'm now tired of making corrections to it and adding more things to it! There will always be something interesting to add or ways to make it easier to understand but i only have so much time! So, yesterday was that day - my final edits to the report!

I've also shared a more detailed post on how i acquired the data and analyzed it here. This was one other thing i'd been working on since i found out how easy it is to get hands on astronomical data! It takes you through the data acquisition process - using SQL query from the SDSS skyserver page to analyzing and making sense of the data, interesting results and what not!

Having bid a warm good bye to trivandrum, i was now off to Ooty to take part in the Pulsar Observatory for Students program at the Ooty Radio Telescope - RAC, NCRA - TIFR. One week of lectures on pulsars followed by a week of observations and data analysis! More about these in Week 6 and Week 7 posts! 

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy